The Unionovo CN2
The Unionovo CN2 is our most compact v-cradle book scanner with a reduced capture area of double A4 (A3 spread) for bound material.
All the same great features are carried across from the larger models meaning the CN2 can easily produce archival quality images with minimal input from the user.
As with all the book scanners in the range the CN2 utilises the Canon EOS DSLR range, which features both cameras for the enthusiast and for the professional, meaning the CN2 can suit any budget or requirements.
- Some of the features include:-
- Easy to set-up and install.
- Small and compact with a modular design.
- Full colour profiling for true colour capture.
- RAW, TIFF, JPEG and PDF file formats.
- Improved Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
“The Unionovo is a very good machine that offered the best value, both for quality and money. We are now able to digitize thousands of images making them available for public access.”
Ann Cole, Tavistock and District Local History Centre
Easy to use
The Unionovo CN2 has been designed to be simple and easy to use whilst achieving archival imaging results. The software is easy to set-up but carries all the relative features such as metadata creation and RAW capability. Once a project is created it is a matter of 3 easy steps:-
- Place book on v-cradle
- Lower V-platen to book
- Capture the image……… It is that simple!
Naturally Flat for Improved Optical Character Recognition
Thanks to the the design of the V-Cradle the images which are created by the CN2 are naturally flat. This has two benefits, the first being that no image manipulation is required which can result in distortion, the second is improved OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
If you have OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software installed on your computer you can link this directly to UniCapture, resulting in OCR PDF’s created directly from the capture software!
- Real time previewing.
- Scan up to 950 pages per hour.
- Easy camera control and set-up.
- Automatic focusing in accordance with a pre-set time.
- Powerful insert or replace function for workflow purpose.
- Support file formats: single-page PDF, multi-page PDF, JPG, TIFF, BMP and RAW.
- Automatic Cropping feature.
- Full ICC colour support.
- UniCapture and UniEditor software included.
- Single or dual camera mode options.
- Operational on Windows XP, VISTA, 7 and 8.
- Easy to maintain with 12 month warranty.
Packing and in the box
- The book scanner system.
- 2x adjustable camera mounts.
- V-Shaped book cradle.
- V-shaped transparent platen.
- Cold flat panel LED lamp.
- Ant-glare cover and shade.
- All cable required and USB hub.
- USB dongle for UniCapture software.
- USB dongle for UniEditor software.
- 2x digital SLR’s.
- Auto Capture Switch.
- AC adapters for SLR’s.
- Laser focus unit.
- Foot switch.
- Bar code scanner.
- Colour chart.
Camera with 1.6x crop sensor
- Canon EOS 1100D, 1000D
- Canon EOS 700D, 650D, 600D
- Canon EOS 550D, 500D
- Canon EOS 450D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 60D, 50D, 40D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 1D Mark III, Mark IV
Full frame cameras
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III
- Canon EOS 1DX, 1DC
- Canon EOS 6D
All our Unionovo book scanners come with a licensed copy of UniCapture and UniEditor which are both powerful and easy to use. Upgrades are available through our online support and are unlimited for use with the licence at no extra cost.
Unicapture is a powerful piece of software which offers full workflow process and complete control over the Canon EOS DSLR in use to ensure perfect capture techniques.
UniCapture has been designed to offer all requirements. Thanks to the hardware design of the Unionovo book scanner combined with the functions of UniCapture they offer preservation of material whilst digitisation can be completed at approx. 950 pages per hour.
Latest software now also includes:
- Auto deskew
- ICC image correction (true colour profiling)
UniCapture allows users to capture the cameras raw data as a CR2 file. This file format is the purest form of pixel data direct from the sensor. Although using this file format will require post-processing you are guaranteed a lossless image.
Missed a page…. no problem!
This is thanks to the Unicapture intuitive insert and replace system which allows you to simply insert between previously scanned images on either the left or right hand side of the book at at any point. You simply type in the page number you have missed and select insert. The software does the rest for you.
Digitisation does not have to be slow
Thanks to the use of CMOS technology, capture time with the Unionovo book scanners is less than 1 second! This, combined with the ability to control the camera within UniCapture and to set a time lapse between each shoot, means you can capture images at up to 950 pages per hour without pressing a button!
Metadata and XML files
At the start of every project you have the option of adding metadata which in turn will create an XML file for you to use. This can be created directly from a scanned bar code, if applicable, or by simply entering the data fields such as, author, publisher, first edition date, book no. and edition date and translator.
If required UniEditor allows for any further image processing or manipulation which may be required. This can include creating surrogate images at lower resolutions or possibly black and white images and thanks to the batch process feature this is extremely quick and easy.
- Other features include:
- Remove colour border
- Image brightness, contrast and sharpness
- Precise rotate
- Add watermark
- Image greyscale or black and white
Let us help you find which Unionovo is right for you.
Call us on +44 (0)24 7625 4955 or send us a message.